The Community Activities Fund (CAF) provides funding to support community groups across Ireland.
The CAF is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development (the Department) and administered by the Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs) in each Local Authority area.
The Department provides funding to each Local Authority (LA) area and the LCDCs then administer this funding locally to ensure funding is targeted appropriately towards addressing disadvantage in the areas that need it most.
It is important to note that other agencies and departments also invest in disadvantaged areas
. The CAF will operate in a complementary manner to add value to other front-line schemes and programmes being operated in communities.
Kildare LCDC has been allocated €296,027 under this scheme to be allocated in the following way:
· €180,905 Current funding for use towards running/operating costs
· €115,122 Capital funding for use towards carrying out necessary repairs and improvements to facilities, energy efficiency type projects, purchase of equipment etc
Groups/organisations are requested to apply for total application funding based on a minimum of €1,000 up to a maximum of €10,000.
Successful applicants must have the grant awarded fully spent by December 31st December 2022 and return a report with receipts by 31stJanuary 2023.
All applications must be
- made on this official application form
- accompanied by all relevant supporting documents
- submitted by 5.00pm on Monday 28th of February 2022
- Please note that when you click on "Apply" on the right you will be invited to setup an account/profile for your group. Please have your group's email address to hand (we strongly recommend using a group email address rather than a personal email address).
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. It is highly advisable that applicants give plenty of time to make their applications. As this is a new online system, it is recommended that applications are made at least ten days before the closing date.
For assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org